Re: Rear Disk Brakes

To: "William M. Gilroy" <wmgilroy@lucent.com>, David Riker <davidr@sunset.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Disk Brakes
From: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 12:12:23 -0700
Cc: Larry Miller <millerls@ado13.com>, Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
I talked to a guy in Connecticut last year who did the complete rotary
conversion (including rear axle) on his Bugeye. He narrowed the axle
himself, but told me about a Mazda racing outfit in the Midwest that will
narrow the unit for around $200. The quarter eliptic springs car need the
calipers repositioned but the semi-eliptic cars do not. I can't remeber the
name of the outfit, but I can find out. They are probably advertised in any
Mazda focused magazine too.

Gerard

At 2:55 PM -0400 10/12/99, William M. Gilroy wrote:
>David Riker wrote:
>>
>> He took a bone yard RX-7 3rd member, and had it narrowed to fit the
>> spridget.  If I remember right, that gave him stronger axles, better seals,
>> limited slip, 3.7 axle ratio, and rear disc brakes with an e-brake, all for
>> less than the cost of racing axles.  Sounded worth looking into.
>
>Dave,
>
>Just wondering, but where/who does a person get to narrow a rear end?  Also
>what about the mounts for the leaf springs and shocks?  And finally, what
>(ballpark) is the cost of having this done.
>

>--
>Bill  Gilroy
>77 Midget
>90 Shar-Pei