Re: Jet Hot

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Jet Hot
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 12:27:12 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Garry, perhaps you have experience with the coatings offered for
internal engine components (combustion chamber, pistons, valves etc).

I discussed these coatings with one of the main race engine builders here.
It
seems like a great idea to reduce the thermal transfer from combustion
chamber to engine castings.

However, he reported that engines coated thus showed a net HP loss.

is this consistent with what you, or others have seen?

I have Jet-Hot coated headers. Nice, but no noticeable improvement to
performance.

Mike