Re: Push starting in reverse?

To: "Charles D. Sorkin" <cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: Push starting in reverse?
From: Frank Clarici <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:13:14 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
"Charles D. Sorkin" wrote:

> Dear List:
>
> (hypothetical)
>
> Let's say a typical Spridget stalls while pointing uphill.  Is there any
> harm (and will it be successful) in attempting to start the car by popping
> the clutch in reverse while the car is allowed to coast backwards?

No problem. I had to do this on the Delaware Memorial Bridge when I
stalled going up the bridge with a bum generator.
Oh yeah, bridge freezes before road is a fact. I popped the clutch
rolling backwards down the bridge in the sleet and against traffic.
(when I was younger and more foolish)(make that just plain stupid now
that I think about it)
Any gear works just make sure the shifter is in a gear in the direction
you are pushing.

--
 Frank
 Drive it or give it to somebody that will