Re: Push starting in reverse?

To: cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Push starting in reverse?
From: Ajhsys@aol.com
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 16:44:59 EDT
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
In a message dated 10/14/99 3:54:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
cdsorkin@ix.netcom.com writes:

<< Let's say a typical Spridget stalls while pointing uphill.  Is there any
 harm (and will it be successful) in attempting to start the car by popping
 the clutch in reverse while the car is allowed to coast backwards?

 Although I have yet to stall in this manner (in the MG, at least), I got to
 wondering when I saw a student driver having a difficult time going up a
 hill. >>

I can't think of any reason it would cause a problem.  The ratio is low
enough to start the engine easily.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget