Re: Dizzy problems and now a gearbox

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Dizzy problems and now a gearbox
From: Leigh Ellen Potter <L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 1999 19:05:49 +1000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
At 15:25 25/10/99 EDT, Paul A Asgeirsson wrote:
>If Leigh Ellen has an original Mk II tranny, there is no big gap between
>2nd and 3rd as the Mk I has.

I do indeed have the original smoothcase, and the gearing ratio's are
great.  The only thing I miss is 5th on the freeway, and synchro.

>Lots of folks aren't aware of the
>differences in gear sets between these two boxes.

Like me - had no idea.  But boy am I learning!

She's been mostly behaving herself since I got her back from the mechanic,
but I still need to work on the dizzy.  Since she's running better in
general, the gearing seems to have improved - because the revs are more
constant and where they should be maybe?  But I am starting to have grave
concerns about 2nd gear...

Cheers
Leigh Ellen
Leigh Ellen Potter