Re: Dizzy problems and now a gearbox

To: L.Johnson@mailbox.gu.edu.au
Subject: Re: Dizzy problems and now a gearbox
From: "Andy Webster" <trunkie@hotmail.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:18:18 GMT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi L.E,
I just had my engine rebuilt and after its warmed up, the idle oil pressure
may be as low as 20psi. It really varies with the rpm, resembles a
tachometer! Its got good pressure at high rpm..up to 70psi. I've only got
castrol gtx2 in there at the moment (for running in purposes) so I expect
that the idle pressure will rise when I fill it with penrite HPR30. If your
worried about low pressure then a change to HPR30,40 or 50 is well worth the
extra few bucks.
I recently had a dizzy problem too. The little cloth covered wire that runs
fro the terminal on the outside of the diz to the points 'post' had
disintegrated....took me ages to find the problem. I'm pretty happy with my
rebuilt engine which I assembled myself. Can't wait til it loosens up so I
can really cane it.
Andy
I hope no-one is going to tell me that 20 psi @ idle in a fresh engine is
dodgy. I'll start to worry. (idle is at about 600-700 rpm)