Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)

To: RBHouston@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Elizabeth's GT (Get Together)
From: Albert F Jones <fisher@hctc.net>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 11:14:09 -0500
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hello Robert,

        I have been very busy over the last few days, to some degree replying to
those people who sent me private and public messages of support, in my
disagreement with Mr. Deatsch.  The general consensus seems to be that Mr.
Deatsch was in error, and that we behaved in a proper and honourable
fashion.  Some people, because of their public standing - and not wanting
their position to be considerd as an 'official' stance, wrote to me of
their personal dealings with him.  I am content that the tide of public
opinion is with us.  Not withstanding, this could have been a very nasty
situation if people of the standing of Fred Thomas had not stood up to be
counted.

        On a different note, and in a much lighter vane............

        I haven't had the time yet, to send a 'list' message about the event
that
I am referring to, in my head, as 'Spridgetstock 2000'.  Maybe even 'The
First Annual Spridgetstock'.  Look for one in the next few days, or before
if I can find enough free time to set down what I have thought about it so
far.

        As for your date of arrival, it sounds fine to me.  The 11th. is a
Thursday, right?  I would think that if you could give me a call from
Comfort it would be best to come and 'lead you in' rather than try to give
you directions to follow.  I have a message from Brad Fornal, fellow
lister, saying that he'd like to come out, but I don't know if that would
be at the same time, I haven't replied to him about that yet. I did check
with our most immediate neighbour, who doesn't live on her property any
way, and she doesn't mind if you over-lap onto her place.  As to the Larry
near here with acreage, I don't really know who you mean - I would think
that he would reply to the list if he is, and does.

        The deer don't seem to be aware of their impending doom - they are still
grazing about 10' from the house, and no, just if anyone wondered, we
aren't enticing them with any goodies.  I don't remember how many one
person can shoot with one license, perhaps I should look into that.  The
'powers that be' do a survey earlier in the year to determine how many can
be culled, and I think it changes from year to year.  Have you given any
thought as to how we are going to get them butchered?  There is a place in
Comfort, but I think it is managed very much on the basis of 'you're not
from around here, are you?'.  We may need to go to Boerne or Fredericksburg
or Kerrville, since we haven't dealt with the local one before.

        I look forward to meeting you both.  If the weather is cold enough we'll
have good Lancashire Hot-Pot on the menu.  I promise not to include any
bats tongues or frogs in the recipe.

Elizabeth