RE: Muffler Customizing

To: "'Lancer7676@aol.com'" <Lancer7676@aol.com>, "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>, ulix@u.washington.edu, Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Muffler Customizing
From: "Hanna, Mark" <mhanna@ball.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 1999 22:32:44 -0700
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
Hi David,
I understand that. My point is that even if the new muffler had a 1.5''
inlet tube, the inside of the muffler cavity would be greater than 1.5''.
Hence there is an effective step up at the muffler anyway. So what does it
matter if the exhaust tube goes from 1.5'' directly into the muffler, or has
an intermediate step up to 1.75'' before entering the muffler ?
Mark