air duct hose

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: air duct hose
From: "Charles Christ" <cfchrist@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 11:11:44 -0000
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net
one of my best done deeds was to remove the last remaninng item that was
n.o.s. austin healey/mg stock from my last job's shelf before my thoughtfull
industrious inventory conscious manager purged the dead stock .  dead stock
was first violated then discarded.  he seemed to enjoy this aspect of his
job.  i would cringe with each hammer blow or cut of a knife.  he would
cheerfully say" if no one was going to buy it, then they could not get it
free out of the trash".  i started ti hide items out of the way before
inventory so it would get deleted and my manager would not hunt it down to
destroy them on their way to the trash.   got a n.o.s. bugeye wiper switch,
a bunch of su carb parts,  and when he actually wrote off the entire stock
of triumph and mg , took evrything i could save from the dumpster at work
that he unboxed and just threw out to import carlisle and sold evry bit of
it.  later on he gave me a bugeye parts book in a blue binder and a shop
manual in a lime green binder.  aaannddd..........about a 5' length of that
blasted funky what looks like cloth wraped heater duct hose(stashed in my
basement for about 5 years now).

frank whatcha think it'd go fer on ebay?   i'ma thinkin retirement here!  on
the serious side though i did see stuff just plain destroyed and could not
help thinking how many other old dealers did the same thing!

i saved what i could afford to .  i did buy some and  hid some and dumpster
dove to salvage some .   but i was not able to save all of it*sad*.   i
still have a bunch of xj6 jaguar era advertising stuff and a tiny bit of
parts.  oh yeah i do have the xk8 set of intro (first set released to the
dealers)parts micro fiche.  it is hilarious because they were almost void of
part numbers.  they were in a hurry to release the car and suport info and
didnt have the slides finished and released this set to satisfy the dealers
request / need for parts cataloging.

more junk in my basement!  yeah i'm a blmc pack rat! if it needs to be saved
and i can do it , it gets saved!
frank you get the whole cars, i just get pieces.

chuck.
"i'll figure out what to do with it later, lets just figure out how to get
it home and not tell my wife".(where can i hide it?)............. a chuck
quote! to live by?