RE: NEW AHCUSA

To: "'DLancer7676@cs.com'" <DLancer7676@cs.com>, "toyman@htcomp.net" <toyman@htcomp.net>, "spritenut@Exit109.com" <spritenut@Exit109.com>
Subject: RE: NEW AHCUSA
Date: Fri, 11 Feb 2000 09:11:23 -0000
Cc: "spridgets@autox.team.net" <spridgets@autox.team.net>, "'gregk@healey.org'" <gregk@healey.org>
Brad:

I think your idea is a good one, from a consumer standpoint.  From a
publisher's standpoint, you would need someone willing to put that much
time
(and it is a lot) into the editing, set-up, printing, addressing, and
mailing
of such a magazine.  Plus the capital to purchase a computer program that
will do multiple page booklets or magazines--all the while assuming he/she
has a computer, scanner, and printing connections to get it printed.   It
would be, in short, a big job....

...Bottom line--I would like to see a magazine devoted to Spridgets--I
would
certainly subscribe!  But it would take a person with a lot of time on
their
hands and a willingness to take a financial risk.

--David C.

Let us not forget there there is ALREADY someone all set up to perform this
chore.
The "someone willing to put that much time (and it is a lot) into the
editing, set-up, printing, addressing, and mailing of such a magazine" is
already there in the person of Greg Kaufman, Editor of Austin-Healey
Magazine.

The "capital to purchase a computer program that will do multiple page
booklets or magazines--all the while assuming he/she has a computer,
scanner, and printing connections to get it printed" has already been
invested.

A publication dedicated solely to Sprites or Spridgets is a fine idea, but
we can save lots of time, effort and money (and can you think of three more
precious commodities?) by capitalizing on an existing publication that is
hungry for Sprite material!  The person to do it is in place!  The
equipment and software has been purchased!  The presses are already ready
to roll!  The only part of the equation missing is your input!

Greg would love to receive and publish Sprite material!

Cheers,
Reid Trummel
"United We Stand"