Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy

To: "Chris Kotting" <ckotting@iwaynet.net>
Subject: Re: Electronic Ignition dizzy
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2000 08:37:25 -0800
Cc: "Spridget Mail List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
The one in the '74 featured on my web page, my driver, and true first love,
uses Model 45DM Distributor and the remote amplifier Lucas Model #AB14.  The
aluminum amplifier box is really the heat sink, and being aluminum it
polishes up quite nicely as well.  The mounting holes in it line up with the
coil mounting bracket in A-series engine compartments.  You can either mount
the coil on top of the amplifier, or mount the coil in the fender recess
over the passengers footwell (my preference, as the coil is no longer upside
down).  When you remove the bottom cover of the remote amplifier there is a
boomerang shaped plastic thingy.  That is the actual amplifier, and it
interchanges with the GM X-car (Citation, Phoenix) module.  Also fits Fiat
Spider and about a dozen other 4 cylinder engines, so it is really common.
Borg Warner Part No:CBE4P.
David Riker
74 Midget
78 Midget