Re: Solenoids and WLG wires

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: Solenoids and WLG wires
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:53:03 -0700
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Larry Macy wrote:
> What exactly does the W/LG wire do??
> It appears to send a positive circuit to the solenoid.

Larry

I can thank Peter C for this info.
I needed the solenoid you had with the extra wire to the coil.
It runs 12 volts to a ballist resisted coil for quicker starts on cold
mornings.
(See my posts about a non starting A40 when it was 10* out)
If you try to wire it up and jump more volts to the coil with out the
correct solenoid, you back feed the starter motor and it never shuts
off.
How do I know this? Don't ask.
Let's put it this way, it will work fine until next winter.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ