Solenoids and WLG wires

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Solenoids and WLG wires
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 19:35:12 -0400
I put a solenoid in the Midget tonight. The old one was only working once
in a while. The new one, I got from a buddy in the Philly MG Club, has
one less post on it than the old one. There are the two posts for the
starter circuit. As you look at it from the front, there are two posts,
one for the starter/ignition circuit (white w/ red), and one for the
electrics (brown). On the old one was a post in the middle that had a
white w/ light green wire that ran to the positive side of the coil. on
the new one that post is not there. What exactly does the W/LG wire do??
It appears to send a positive circuit to the solenoid. I wired up the new
one and all seems right with the world. The Haynes manual does not show
this wire. The B/L factory shop manual does.

I have no idea what this wire is supposed to do. Do you??

Larry

Again the car starts and all the accessories (lights, radio etc) seem to
be working.

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.