Re: Engine Lifting Bracket

To: type79@ix.netcom.com
Subject: Re: Engine Lifting Bracket
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 12:22:17 +0100
Cc: DLancer7676@cs.com, millerb@netusa1.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
type79@ix.netcom.com wrote:

> David and Bill,
> Supposedly, VB sells these for $8.00 each. Someone might find out what they
>look
> like. If they are correct, it would seem that would be the easiest route.
> Jay Fishbein
> Wallingford, CT
>
> DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 4/16/2000 6:05:34 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
> > millerb@netusa1.net writes:
> >
> > <<  If someone wants to send me an original, I
> >  will copy it and make up some for who ever wants them for the cost of the
> >  metal and postage only.  >>
> >
> > Bill:
> >
> > Thanks!!  I would like at least two of them if you get the original and make
> > them.   Thanks!!  I don't suppose there would be any difference between a
> > lifting bracket for a Bugeye and one for a 1275 would there, List?
> >
> > --David C.
> >
> > --David C.

We use a piece of Dexion (shelving angle-iron with holes in if you don't have
this
in the US) which bolts onto the rocker cover bolts, and an exhaust U clamp to
put
the hook of the hoist into, which can be moved along the holes in the dexion to
adjust the angle of dangle.

Hope this helps

Gordon

72 RWA Midget