Re: Electrical question

To: "Michael Walter" <mwalter@luminet.net>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electrical question
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2000 12:08:13 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
oh my -o-my!  intermittant electrical stuff?.....hmmmmmmmm!
try the fuse roll!
grab ecah fuse like you mean it and either roll it in the clips in the fuse
box or remove it and gently emry cloth the contacts and clean the contact
surface of the fuse too then reassemble.  a tiny (caution highly technical
here) "smidgeon" of dilectric grease on each end of the fuse should deter
further corosion of those terminals.
now go "lose ground wire hunting"  remember to bring your best loose ground
gun and fresh amunition.  if you encounter one of the sometimes violent
loose grounds you never want to have old amunition missfire!  having missed
my opertunity once a long time ago and having seen many others with their
grounds proudly mounted upon their den and garage walls i still feel left
out(missfired old amunition was my fault and now paying a lifetime for my
not listening to an old wise ground hunter).  i still have a place for
one(on my wall) if i ever get my chance again(why-o-why is life so cruel as
to cheat and tease me so with others being so lucky as to get their grounds
, and me still with none!!!!???) sob weep hanging head in
shame...............

ok so with that dispensed with!  most dpo's never seem to have figured out
how far is far enough to plug together a bullet style connector.  look for
and wiggle connections where you find connectors joining 2 wires with a
black conector.  chances are you will find that someone mistook the friction
of the beginning of inserting the connector for the actual connection when
bullet is slid all the way in.  there are also a bunch of locations where
common ground wires gather from the main wire harness and are attached to
gauges, sheet metal, and lamp assemblies.  posibility of one of those common
grounds being loose, or coroded from time and exposure may be the culprit.

good hunting :)
chuck.
yeah-yeah ok, back under the rock where i came from....