Re: Was Rad. theory. Now Lucas-bashing bashing

To: Spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Rad. theory. Now Lucas-bashing bashing
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 07:10:30 -0700 (PDT)
> Sometimes the wet dreams of engineers are
> interrupted by the nightmares
> imposed by the accountants.

And even the dry ones.
We just got bought by Smith's Industries (your former
gauge people), and there seems to be no incentive to
invest in any new technology.  They seem to just want
to pump out cash cow products until they die, with no
replacements in development.  Marketing people hate
this too (any MBA's out there remember the BCG product
life cycle model?).  Sound a little like British
Leyland in the 70's?

=====
Ron Soave
"I swear I found the key to the Universe in the engine of an old parked car." -
B. Springsteen