Re: Was Rad. theory. Now Lucas-bashing bashing

To: mdietsche@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Was Rad. theory. Now Lucas-bashing bashing
Date: Wed, 10 May 2000 14:19:08 EDT
Lucas did a whole range of ACR series alternators with a whole range of
outputs.  I have used the model for the MGB for years - if you want 60 amps
try one from a Jag.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 10/05/00 16:26:43 GMT Daylight Time, mdietsche@yahoo.com
writes:

<< An under-rated alternator.  It's not a bad alternator, but when it drops
to 12
 amps output on idle we have a situation there, folks....The designers just
made
 a typical engineering-student error and didn't uprate the thing enough to
cope
 with the real world (looks ok but marginal on paper, goes to hades in the
field
 with gradually deteriorating connections and components over time and use).