Re: New to the list

To: SixtyOneMG@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New to the list
Date: Fri, 16 Jun 2000 20:40:50 -0700
Ryan (or is it Doogie?),

GAN1 Midget's numbering began at 101 (March 1961) and ran to 7525, so yours
is about in the middle of that production. I currently have a GAN1 also.

All Midgets had 4 speed transmissions, not 3. Early gearboxes are referred
to as "smoothcase" and later improved boxes are referred to as "ribcase"
owing to the appearance of the exterior on the box. Doubtful it's a
Hurst... probably just the shift knob, unless you have something very
unusual in there that someone modified themself. You're likely right on the
speedo. Do you know what engine you have in there? I'd look for more
evidence of a race history than just the rollbar and the hood pins.
Rollbars are pretty common in these cars and the hood pins could have been
someone's solution to a broken bonnet hinge.

Do you have any photos of any of the details you can send me? (don't send
them to the list!... that a no-no)

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A