Re: any advice?

To: "Patricia Sauthoff" <Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com>
Subject: Re: any advice?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 05:46:06 -0400
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Pat:  You have come to the right place to ask for advice.  As
"lists" go, its a big one, and we all have our notions about which of
the cars is better.  One thing to consider is that a Bugeye will be
about twice, or more, as expensive to purchase as a later model, in
comparable condition.  Also, with the Bug, you have nowhere to lock
anything away.  The storage area is behind the seat, accessable to
anyone with an intrest.  The ones after the Bug had a lockable trunk.
A little later they had roll up windows and doors that lock.  Of
course hardtops were/are available.....with that combo you have a
"secure" car.

I have a Bug and love it.  I also have a 70 with a hardtop on it and
love it too. If this is to be your daily driver and only car, my guess
is you would be happiest with roll up windows and a hard top later,
when you find one.

Now for my personal predjudice....stay away from the 75 thru 79s.
They had a different engine.  Not as "bullet proof" as the earlier
years and parts arent as easy to come by.  Finally, before you go
looking at cars, buy a book ....this is important....the book is,
"Original Sprite/Midget".  You can get it from Moss Motors at (800)
667-7872.  While you are ordering the book ask for their free catalog.
Good luck, youre about to go off on an exciting quest.  Dont buy the
first car you see.  There will be better ones.  And ask away, there is
immense knowledge and talent on this list.  Larry