Re: any advice?

To: Larry Cogan <woodrat@spacey.net>, Patricia Sauthoff <Patricia.Sauthoff@blvdmedia.com>
Subject: Re: any advice?
Date: Wed, 28 Jun 2000 06:03:42 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Ok Larry...I'm calling you on this statement:

> Now for my personal predjudice....stay away from the
> 75 thru 79s.
> They had a different engine.  Not as "bullet proof"
> as the earlier
> years and parts arent as easy to come by.

I'll give you the "not as bulletproof" BUT The parts
are just as available as the 1275 parts!

Pat,
I would recommend a 1275 (pre 75) car to you over the
later 1500(75-79)even though I own a 1500. The 1275 is
a very strong and reliable engine as built. The 1500
is an ok engine but CAN be made VERY reliable. Where
cost is an issue, you wouldn't want to go down this
avenue.
If you actually look at a 1500 then I strongly
recommend you have someone that knows the 1500s look
at the car for you. If you want a list of things to
look for, let me know and I'll be happy to forward you
a list. As far as things to look for body wise...that
list applies to all of the Spridgets.

Dan Dwelley
77 Midget 1500 (Modified to be a reliable engine)
Alexandria, Va.

=====
Dan Dwelley
77 Midget