Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: <type79@ix.netcom.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 13:41:27 -0400
Jay we are not talking about a simple break in. It would certainly
be a tougher call to be in your house at night (with family) when
a house invasion occurs. We are getting more and more of these in
Toronto, particularly in the well heeled Chinese community.

The crooks up here in Canada are breaking and entering when
occupants are home, percentage wise more often than in the States
because they know Canadians for the most part are unarmed.

10 years ago it took me a year to get a carrying permit that
allowed me to lock up target pistols in my home and drive them on
a DIRECT route to a club while locked in a case in the trunk of
the car. All other usage scenarios were Verboten. Big Brother
checked my international interpol status, talked to my neighbours,
asked me to leave the house while interviewing the wife and kids,
and arbitrarily changed the location of the 'secure room' twice.
It was an experience, but then one that the scum buckets cannot
pass. The low life have to go illegal and I suppose at least that
curbs the 'public' proliferation gun ownership .

Today, some years after some 20 women were shot and killed in a
Montreal university, after nationwide annual candle lite vigils,
the gun laws in Canada have been moved to the British model. More
importantly, the bureaucracy has become unfriendly, complicated
and obstructionist. It's never been my 'big' hobby, so I along
with many others have let my club membership lapse, the club is
getting financially strapped, collectors are folding their tents,
and in the end the shooting sport in Canada is simply fading
away - like dirt biking and 'environmentally damaging' old cars. I
notice the left wing hobbies (various forms of navel gazing) are
never under attack.

Most recently they now require registration of the long guns and
purchase of ammo. Never been a 'big' hunter guy anyway, but I
still got my LBC's.

Shoot low, they may be crawling.

Mike L.
60A,67E,59Bug