RE: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: GUN CONTROL*NO LBC CONTENT* DELETE NOW IF NOT INTERESTED
Date: Wed, 12 Jul 2000 10:33:44 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: "'Mike Maclean'" <macleans@earthlink.net>
My sentiments exactly Mike. I used to be a card carrying NRA member and even
helped my father teach gun safety courses but I don't agree completely with
their ideas anymore.

Bill Hunt
64 MKII Sprite - HRBYTOY

"The Constitution does not recognize "sporting use" of firearms.  The
framers had a much more serious intention for civilian ownership."
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite

United
> States, but it brings up  questions that always go through my mind when
the
> "defense of person and property" argument is raised.
>
> What is the occurrence rate of residential break-ins in which the
intruders are
> armed?
>
> Of those break-ins, what is the rate of injuries, minor or fatal, to
occupants
> of those homes?
>
> Of those break-ins, what is the rate of successful defenses by armed home
> owners?
>
> Personally, I don't buy these "wild west" arguments. I would feel as
violated as
> the next person if my home were burglarized, but I don't think the
intruder
> should be put to death for breaking and entering. Gun advocates also
cannot
> ignore the unfortunate instances of household members who have been
gunned down
> by gun-owning homeowners thinking that their homes are being invaded.
>
> With that said, I have no problem with the safe and responsible ownership
and
> sporting use of guns.
>
> I'm sure this thread will go on for a few dozen messages and I probably
> unintentionally offended some listers that I consider friends. If that's
the
> case, I apologize.
>
> Jay Fishbein
> Wallingford, CT
> Pellet guns and Slingshots
> But no hand grenades, land mines, or thermo-nuclear devices.

--- Mike Maclean
--- macleans@earthlink.net
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.