Re: Water Sprite (not really)

To: Doug Ingram <dougi@home.com>
Subject: Re: Water Sprite (not really)
Date: Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:49:17 -0400
Cc: Spridget List <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Doug Ingram wrote:

> Closer to a water Sprite than you might think, the Amphicar was originally
> the A35 powered Eurocar. Made in Germany, production stopped in 1963. There
> were several around Victoria in the 60s when I was a kid, still see one
> every now and then. Not much of a car, and a lousy boat.

What Doug said but I was under the impression it was Triumph powered.
I could be wrong. I did drive one once, down the street and down the
boat ramp.
It steered with the front wheels acting as rudders.
Not much of a boat and when driven in the water, they tended to rust.

--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ