Re: Floating a VW

To: "Allen Hefner" <Ajhsys@aol.com>, <wmgilroy@lucent.com>
Subject: Re: Floating a VW
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2000 13:21:42 -0400
Cc: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well there was the time I was out with a bunch of friends in a Vega
Kammback. We were cruising down back country dirt roads about 3 AM. It
was December in WY. THere was a snow drift, about 3 feet high and all the
way across the road and it was about 30 or more miles to back track. So
guess what I decided to try?

Yep you guessed it. Took about 3 hours of digging and pushing to get out.
The good part?? we didn't freeze to death and we got to see the sunrise!!!

What can I say, I was 17.

Larry

At this exact moment in time 7/20/00 12:59, Ajhsys@aol.com made the
profound statement:

>In a message dated 7/20/00 12:05:49 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>wmgilroy@lucent.com writes:
>
><< Once were in the front yard doing about 20 MPH imagine our surprise
>when we
> saw the large in the ground swimming pool.  Off the shallow end we went.
> We came to a stop in the deep end in about 5 feet of water.  Since the
> VW had holes in the floor it sank quickly.  To make matters worst the pool
> was filled with about 5 feet of black water, leaves, and it had a really
> bad smell. >>
>
>- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
>
>My vote goes to Bill Gilroy for best auto story of the week (maybe the
>year!).
>
>Thanks, Bill. I was ROTFLMAOTIMEPRDML!
>
>Geez, what we get ourselves into!  C'mon, Larry M., you must have something
>to compete with that story.
>
>Allen Hefner
>SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
>'77 Midget