MGA advice

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: MGA advice
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2000 12:24:44 -0700 (PDT)
Some of you may remember that I brought up an MGA I saw about a month back.
Well it's now listed in the local paper for $3500. I just got off the phone
with
the guy, and here's the scoop.

'58 MGA ccomplete - Was driven and parked in his driveway about 14 months ago.
When he drove it home, it had not been started for quite a while, and was
running rough, but was driven approximately 10 miles to his home. It has not
been started since.
red-oxidize paint, with .surface rust along fender beading.
Body is fairly straight and solid looking.
two dents on drivers side - one 4x8" in front side fender, and one about the
same in rear side fender
front bumper is bent almost exactly in the middle, but ends look straight.
the grill is straight, except there is surface rust at the very top where the
'crest' is missing.
Has decent look wire wheels, with a nice set of Dunlop Gold seals
The only major rust spots are directly in front of the rear wheels where is
paint is bubbled pretty badly in about a 4x4" area on each side.
Interior is complete, but needs restored, andthe top frame and side curtains
are
there.

What do you guys think?? I'd especially like to hear from the MGA owners out
there. When I looked at it before, it appeared that it really wasn't any more
complicated than my Bugeye, and used many of the same components. It looks like
it would require a lot less work than my bugeye did, and because it's pretty
complete, I won't have to spend 5-years looking for parts like I did my bugeye.

Regards - Bryan