Re: SWAG Trip 8/13 or 9/10

To: "David Ramsey" <dwramsey@worldnet.att.net>, "Gerard Chateauvieux" <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>
Subject: Re: SWAG Trip 8/13 or 9/10
Date: Wed, 2 Aug 2000 00:35:43 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Well David, that's pretty cynical even for you. Besides, in the 8 or 9 nine
years I've attended, it's always been great weather...'-) I'll have you
know that my car doesn't have an overheating problem... not even when I
drove it to Stockton.

I know what you're saying, but I guess my experience has been a little
different. I have met many of the folks on this list at Palo Alto. You may
be right about a lot the crowd that attends, but I've found, at least with
the Spridget/Healey crowd, that this is a lot about the socializing and
camaraderie. Last year was one of the best I've attended because we finally
got Rick Feibusch to put all the Spridgets and big Healeys together on the
field and we could all socialize in the same area. I, for one, enjoy the
cars and the faces. The hard part for me was getting enough time to hang
out with the folks there, AND to get around to seeing all the cars on the
field.

I have to admit that guys like you and WW_Rick take the prize for most
driven these days, but there was a time when a Bugeye was my daily driver
(for more than 10 years) and I did spend an entire summer touring the US in
mine (Detroit to the West Coast and back), even through the
California-Nevada desert along old Route 66. Drove more than 10 or 12 hours
some days. Of course I was single and carefree then too...

So, I guess I won't be seeing you there?

Gerard

--
Please visit Four Points Travel -
Discount Online Hotel Reservations in the U.S.

G G              Gerard Chateauvieux
 E A
  R R        pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com
   A A