Re: My first post to the list

To: jfgratton@w3m.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: My first post to the list
Date: Mon, 14 Aug 2000 16:32:42 EDT
In a message dated 8/14/2000 10:15:24 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
jfgratton@w3m.net writes:

<<  I made the big leap of faith on the weekend and acquired my first
 Midget.
 It's a 75 and  a daily driver. It's in good condition but will
 eventually be a full restoration
 in a year or two, if my wallet permits it. >>

Congratulations Jean, and welcome to the Spridget fold.  The car really looks
pretty good.  It is one you could probably do a rolling restoration on a
little at a time.  Per the gas smell--you said it was in the exhaust.  That
would make me suspect it was running way rich.  I drive a '79 Midget with the
1500 but I have the Weber downdraft and don't mess with SU-s that much.  But
rest assured that several of these good guys on this list will help you with
SU adjustment. Or you could check the archives:   <A
HREF="http://www.listquest.com/lq/search.html?ln=spridgets";>ListQuest.com -
Building Communities of Like-Minded People</A>

I am restoring a '67 Sprite whom I have nicknamed "Victoria" or "Vicky" for
short.

--David C.