RE: Miata question

To: Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>, Toby Atwater <Toby@intri-plex.com>, "Spridgets@Autox. Team. Net \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Miata question
Date: Wed, 16 Aug 2000 19:57:16 -0700 (PDT)
The Miata design team had a Lotus Elan and a later
Triumph Spitfire in the studio.  They sold the
president of Mazda on the concept by taking him
through the mountains in a Spit.  There is an
excellent 2 volume encyclopedia on the design put out
by Mazda (I got mine thrown in with the car when I
bought it in 1990 as a booby prize for paying full
sticker) detailing all this complete with pix of the
Elan and the Spit.

--- Gerard Chateauvieux <pixelsmith@gerardsgarage.com>