Re: Electric fan thermostat

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Electric fan thermostat
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2000 11:46:08 -0700 (PDT)
Cc: sprite list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Woohoo!
Peter C. comes through again!
I was actually thinking of asking you about this, Peter, but I didn't want
to make you go through boxes of sensors, measuring the threads like you
did with the Datsun slave cylinders when I asked about that :-)

Thanks, I will try to find one locally today since I am in a hurry,
otherwise I order it from you of course.

Ulix

On Thu, 17 Aug 2000, Peter C. wrote:

> Ulix, et. al,
>          I played with this a bit and think I found a suitable switch.
> Beck/Arnley number 201-1158.
> 85/80 c or on @185 / off @ 176 f  5/8-18 thread  single wire. Note that on
> Spridgets the sealing is done at the bevel of the sensor seating. It's a
> gland nut. This sensor has a step which very closely approximates the bevel
> of the original. It fits almost all Chrysley/ Mitsubishi imports 84-91 4
> cylinder. Sells for $30. ish.
> I have not actually tried to install it or use it, but it should do.
>          HTH    Peter C.
> ----
> At 12:13 PM 8/17/2000, ulix wrote:
> >I have an electric fan now (the cheap 11" Tripac fan, fits perfectly)
> >and would like to find a thermostat that screws into the existing
> >fitting on the downflow rad. (thread size 5/8-18)
> >
> >Has anyone found one that fits and has a turn-on temp that's about right?
> >Any other solutions?
> >
> >Thanks, Ulix
> >
> >P.S. my car runs and drives, but some issues need to be worked out,
> >report later

http://www.mirafiori.com/~ulix/               '67 Sprite     '74 X1/9