Re: is this a joke?

To: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
Subject: Re: is this a joke?
Date: Sun, 27 Aug 2000 12:54:47 -0700
Cc: Amy <breiz@bellatlantic.net>, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
It is not just E-bay. We have friends who own an auction, and Gary & I both
work there both
to help them out, and because it is fun. People get "auction fever", and wind
up paying far
more than retail for a used and abused item. I am not talking about antiques
here, but
plain old junk! The dealers tend to chuckle a bit after the neophytes go home
with their
treasures. I guess that value is in the eye of the bidder regardless of the
item up for
bid. I know that I have paid too much for some of the things I buy, but if it
is something
I have been wanting badly, and have been unable to find, I am happy.
Kate