Re: Is is Moss or UPS?

To: DLancer7676@cs.com, ATSEIFERT@aol.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Is is Moss or UPS?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:37:52 EDT
In a message dated 08/31/2000 1:14:59 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
DLancer7676@cs.com writes:

<<  When I got home all that was there was a
 damned slip of paper that ignorant pinhead had left marked "Attempted
 Delivery".  Burn. . .burn. . .burn.  You wouldn't have wanted to be the
 customer service lady who had the misfortune to pick up the phone. HA!  I
 think I out-Eded ED!   8^)

 But then, I live in a rural area where we never lock our door, and whatever
 is left on the porch will be there when I get home.

 --David C.

David,

Companies other than UPS, such as FedEx Ground and in many cases AirBorne,
use independent contractors instead of drivers on a payroll.  Where a UPS
driver will maybe get counseled if he has too many packages pilferred by the
neighborhood kids, the independent guys get to pay for the package.

This makes them more reluctant to leave the package.

If your really want it left, pick up a standard form from the local office,
or look at the sticky note they left on your door, and you can sign away
their responsibility for the package and leave the note for them to pick up.

I know it is frustrating when they do not leave a package you need, but they
do not know the neighborhood as well as you, or you, and have much more to
lose.  Yes, people have been known to pick up the box on the front porch,
take it inside and call in a claim that it was not dellivered.

I was tempted to call UPS and complain when the left three boxes of Gateway
Computer on my front porch.  With the cow-skin boxes, they were advertising
for a theft.

R Houston