Re: Is is Moss or UPS?

To: <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Is is Moss or UPS?
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2000 16:42:01 -0400charset="Windows-1252"
Personally I wish places would ask you when you order if you want a
signature required. When I built my current computer about a year ago I was
ordering a lot of parts, some pretty expensive. I was VERY upset to come
home and find about $500.00 worth of motherboard and CPU sitting on the
porch. I live in a townhouse and while certainly not a high crime area,
there have been a few nearby breakins and such. I also had some pretty cheap
part (floppy, maybe?) that required a signature so I missed it at first. I
was expecting a hard drive recently that was scheduled to arrive last
Friday, but was going to be out of town for the weekend and didn't want it
sitting there on the porch, both for fear of being stolen and being rained
on. Anyway I called and was told that they NEVER left anything unattended at
apartments or townhouses since they were considered "public" areas. I knew
this was wrong (maybe the drivers don't know this) so I left a note on the
door to hold it and luckily they did. But I don't like leaving flags like
that around my house that I'm away.

Eddie