Re: Rear hub seals

To: cartman@dnai.com, Bryan.Vandiver@Eng.Sun.COM, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Rear hub seals
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2000 14:42:23 GMT
Bryan,
The large nut that holds the hub on is directonal.  The drivers side is Left
Handed threads and the passenger side is Right Handed [normal] threads.  You
will take the LH nut off clockwise.  I believe it is stamped with a large LH
on it.  You could use a seal puller or a large screw driver to remove the
seal and leave the bearing in place.  Don't forget to put some grease on the
lip of the new seal so that it won't be damaged when the car is first used.
You might need a hub puller to get the hub off, usually obtained at local
rental dealer.   Let us know if you need any further help.  Good luck,BOB

http://profiles.msn.com.