Re: New List Member

To: webmaster@upstate-web.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: New List Member
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 16:18:16 EDT
In a message dated 9/12/2000 3:49:00 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
webmaster@upstate-web.com writes:

<< I come from
 a Porsche background and hope this doesn't put me in disfavor in your ranks.
 Thank you in advance for any help that you can give. >>

Welcome, Ben to the list.   We will forgive the Porsche background. .
.everybody should be forgiven at least once and have an opportunity to
repent.   You WILL have to trade in the Lager for Guinness.   8^)   The
Spridget directory shows one member from South Carolina.  Click on the blue
line below to access that person's name, etc.:

<A HREF="http://ado13.com/list/email/files/South_Ca.htm";>
    Spridget Car List</A>

Cost is relative, but if cost is all you are considering you would be best
picking up a running Sprite in pretty good conditon than going for a
restoration.  A restoration will cost you lots more than buying one already
completed.  OTOH, I am restoring because it does not cost as much out of
pocket, and because I want to learn as much as possible about my Sprite, plus
there is a pride in driving a self-restored vehicle.  Either way, be prepared
to be a mechanic, as a restored LBC will require lots of repair, maintenance,
and a steady supply of parts ($).  Still cheaper than driving a new sports
car, and lots more fun.

--David C.