Re: Camshafts

To: mgraziano@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Camshafts
Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 13:59:41 EDT
Cc: macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
The Kent TH5 has a power range from 2,200 - 7,000 rpm so with the cam
advanced (I was wrong earlier) should pull down a bit lower.  However, if you
consider the A-Series 276 cam has a power range from 1,500 - 7000 you can
begin to imagine what the bottom end will feel like.

I don't have any comparative data for Piper cams but if you post the lift and
duration specs I could see where it fits into the Kent range.  The reason I
don't have Piper data is that their cams have a reputation for not wearing as
well as Kent's and certainly what I have seen in the past they were not
ground as well.  Of course I expect APT can put a Piper profile on any given
cam blank.

Daniel1312