Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: Daniel1312@aol.com
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 16:20:30 -0500
Cc: toyman@digitex.net, bmantz@infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
HAH!

  Lemmee get this straight, you lent out a compression tester, the
lendee broke it and you blame the tool, right?  It's to laugh.

  If I can buy a Craftsman wrench for ~1/3 the cost of the Snap-On,
knowing that the one I bought 20+ years ago is still going strong,
there's no contest as to which I'll buy.  The Phillips unit from Harbor
Freight is a "chance you take" deal.  Presumably, anyone considering
that purchase is pinching pennies.  They just can't afford the pricier
units.

  Yes, the Snap-On dealers are independent contractors here too.  So
what?  When you buy a Snap-On tool from one of them, you're paying to
support the entire company infrastructure, same as any other buy you
make.  No surprise there, so what's your point?

  BTW, If I was a SO dealer, I'd be PO'd that they've opened an online
store!

  Cheers,

  CR