Re: Torque wrench recommendations

To: Charley & Peggy Robinson <ccrobins@ktc.com>
Subject: Re: Torque wrench recommendations
Date: Sun, 15 Oct 2000 17:42:02 -0400
Cc: Daniel1312@aol.com, toyman@digitex.net, bmantz@infi.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
I did some work for a Snap On dealer.
They do alright. Like a 25,000 deck to the back of a very nice house.
More money in his 2 vehicles then I spent in my lifetime on all my cars.
So I would say if he sells you a wrench for $200, 100 bucks is his
commission.
I have tried a few SO tools, they break just like the crapsmans tools.
But for real nice tools that look great all the time buy those Harbor
frieght tools. Just hang em on the wall and look at them and as long as
you never use them they will last a lifetime.
My main problem with tools is they get lost. Let's face it, some one
borrows it, my kid looses it, or I leave it under the bonnet. What ever
happens they do get lost. So I buy Husky or Crapsman for a fair price
and loose them without crying.
--
Frank Clarici
Toms River, NJ