adventures in driving

To: "'spridgets@autox.team.net'" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: adventures in driving
Date: Fri, 20 Oct 2000 15:05:06 -0700charset="iso-8859-1"
Just a bit ago I was driving to work when I heard a loud noise.  Turned out
my drivers side door had popped open for no apparent reason!  My leg was
against the leather strap holding the door to the car, but I can't imagine
that would have had any effect on the latch?  Any brilliant ideas from you
brilliant people?  I suppose I could either take the doors off like a frat
boy in a Wrangler, or weld the doors shut and pretend like I'm a racecar
driver, <G> but I'd like a more realistic solution before going to extremes!
I closed the door up just fine, going a cool 65ish, and it did stay shut,
but I don't really like wondering if this is going to continue.  It did it
one time before, so I'm thinking it was driver error!

Thanks all
Patricia
'59 Bugeye