Re: Patchin' the Manifold

To: DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Patchin' the Manifold
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2000 17:57:49 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
David,

I recently patched my 3-into-1 exhaust header with a product called
Pyro Putty. The repair now has 500 miles on it and appears to be
holding. It is more expensive than your furnace cement. Let me know
if yours works. Does its container give any information of clues as
to composition (e.g., flammable, clean up with ___, etc.?)

Jeff

At 5:11 PM -0400 10/23/00, DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
>... Here is what I am gonna try, being a Valentine ordained, Clarici
>authorized "We Cheap" club member. ... Well I
>stopped by my local old time hardware store today and procured a small
>($2.29) plastic jar of FURNACE CEMENT, good to 3000 degrees F. ...
>
>Anybody ever tried this????
>
>--David C.

Jeffrey H. Boatright, PhD
Assistant Professor, Emory Eye Center, Atlanta, GA, USA
Senior Editor, Molecular Vision, http://www.molvis.org/molvis
mailto:jboatri@emory.edu