Re: Patchin' the Manifold

To: jboatri@emory.edu, DLancer7676@cs.com
Subject: Re: Patchin' the Manifold
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 11:06:50 EDT
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
And Jeff sent me a small sample of his Pyro Putty to try to fix a plug on my
manifold  (Thanks again, Jeff!), where the air pump pipe used to be
connected.  It has now held for about 500 miles with no problems, and that
includes a rally and some autocrossing, which may have created higher than
normal pressure.

I doubt that furnace cement would be a flammable composition, but if it is
cheaper than Pyro Putty, and works as well, you may be able to market it!
Pyro Putty is a two part, epoxy like material.  It takes a long time to cure.

Let us know how the cement holds up.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport

In a message dated 10/23/00 5:57:59 PM Eastern Daylight Time,