Best place for parts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Best place for parts
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2000 17:39:08 -0700
   Ok, I just got the news from the machine shop.  My 1098cc wrecking yard
motor is not cracked and re-buildable.  But its not in good shape either,
so where is the best place to get pistons/rings/bearings, valves and a cam.

    I need to go .030 over on the pistons, .020 on the mains and .030 on
the rods.   I need all 8 valves, there are several bent ones and the rest
are burnt.  I need some pushrods and 2 exhaust valve seats are really bad
so my question last week about unleaded inserts is moot, I need valve seat
inserts.  I have the Moss catalog and am doing some on-line shopping too
but I am open to new places to spend money :)

   My cam has only 1 bad lobe so it may be rebuildable, the machinist is
checking.  Moss lists 2 cams, a $100 one and a $230 "slightly modified for
improved street performance" one, is it worth the extra money, although the
cheap one does not list it as a 1098cc cam that question might be moot also.

  I bought the Bentley book this morning so bear with me for stupid
questions until I get the book, what kind of pulley is on the front, plain
pulley or vibration damper, my motor does not have one.

   NEXT item is the ignition and carbs, the motor does not have a
distributor and I figure as long as I am going for it, maybe a electronic
distributor would be better.  Is it  ? and which one ?  For the carbs, the
wrecking yard gave me 2 carbs and a manifold and some linkage but I have no
idea from what motor, he just said they would work and since he was
"giving" them to me, I didn't argue.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/