Re: Best place for parts

To: "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: Best place for parts
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 07:09:20 -0400
Cc: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Hi Trevor:  You are "in a good place" re: your local parts outlets.
There used to be a couple of good parts places in my village of
100,000.  Within the last year both have converted to totally
automated systems.  One goes back to 1970, (and has dropped MG) the
other cuts at 1975.  Until that time, the best, NAPA, used to have
huge, ancient, yellowed  dog earred books that went back to Moses.
Any plea to look a book is met with, "the books are gone".   I feel
certain the parts are still in the system, but are now inaccessable
due to "streamlining" the process of ordering Toyota spares.  I guess
the marketing boys have decided our "niche" has become too marginal to
serve.  Very frustrating.  Regards, Larry