Re: Best place for parts

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Best place for parts
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 13:18:03 -0700
    First THANK YOU for all the suggestions on getting parts cheaper than
Moss, I am only 2 blocks from Moss but I would like to save money.  So
Thanks Again for all the suggestions.

    Ok, its been asked where did I get this 1098cc motor and how much did I
get taken for it and why don't I find a new motor to use.

  Well, I paid $125 for the motor at a local wrecking yard, might be too
much or it  might have been the right price, I am not into Spridgets so I
don't know.  But it was there and looked fairly complete except for the
carbs/distributor.  And the guy at the wrecking yard threw in the 2 carbs
and manifolds but I don't know from what motor yet, since I have not looked
at them. It is a later block with 2 inch mains but I didn't know that until
yesterday.  It has been abused and it has been suggested I find another
motor to rebuild but I assume that by the time I spend money on another
motor I will have about as much into that it as it will cost to rebuild
this one.  I will get the machining quote this afternoon and i will know
more then.

   Oh yes, I am bolting it up to a ribbed gearbox NOT a 5-speed.  For the
new people here, this is not going into a Spridget, it is going into a 1934
Singer and the ribbed gearbox is a perfect fit for a right hand drive car,
I don't know how I would modify the 5-speed to right-hand mechanical clutch
and its too late since I have the gearbox.

        mike

~~~~~ I'd rather be sailing and  ~~~ .oooO  Oooo.  ~~~~~~~~~~~
Mike Rambour                                   (    )  (     )
Bug Writer er...Programmer                \   )   (   /
      mikey@b2systems.com                  \_)  (_/
If you want to learn more about the ULTIMATE BRITISH sports car,
then take a look at   http://www.singercars.com/