RE: Engine and Transmission

To: <Daniel1312@aol.com>, <DLancer7676@cs.com>, <rcbrown@lucent.com>, <ryan_marro@hotmail.com>
Subject: RE: Engine and Transmission
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2000 19:37:39 -0400charset="iso-8859-1"
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Daniel,
        Usually an adapter is made between the block and the bellhousing of the
new
tranny. After stacking up the dimensions of the resulting gap between the
crank and flexplate, an adapter is made to mate the two together. A
converter from a comparable 4 or 6 cyl would work. The only noticable
difference may be a slight change in the stall speed of the converter. The
tranny, flexplate, converter and the starter could all be scavenged GM
parts, but you may have to enlist your friendly neighborhood draftsman to
lay out the adapters. Hmm. Sounds like a challenge.
Jaybird