Re: Handling ?

To: Keith Turk <kturk@ala.net>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Handling ?
Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:14:04 -0500
Keith,

Take a long look at the soft assed rubbers that are between the springs and
the axle. They are likely shot. I fixed mine by torqueing the u-bolts and
compressing those same rubber pads. If that rubber is shot it allows the
axle to move a bit and changes the geometry of the rear suspension. On accel
it moves back on one side, on decel it twists forward, causing the car to
change directions. Squish the rubber, problem gone. Or you can get new ones
and the problem will come back in 5000 miles or so.

Larry

On 1/13/01 12:16 PM, "Keith Turk" <kturk@ala.net> wrote:

> Okay folks I gotta question.... I am working on my youngest son's steel
> bumpered Midget.... and the damn thing doesn't sit level.... ( I suspect
> it's a spring issue )
>
> okay moving past that when I am out on the road in it... the thing pitches
> and rolls when I get on and off the throttle...
>
> Anyone else had this problem or know how to correct it?

<SNIPPED>
> Keith...( out having a blast... the race car is supposed to get out of that
> Trailer today.... but I may just take another Putt..)

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Keep your top down and your chin up.

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.