Re: Virus

To: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Virus
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 10:34:22 -0500
Brad Pace wrote:

> I hope it is not me. Someone from the list sent me a notice that they
> were spreading a virus and I should watch out for such and such. Then
> they sent a post saying that I was sending it and to go to a site to
> get shut of it, so I did and yes there was a win95? virus invasion,
> but it has been expunged now so I hope to be clean.Anyone else had a
> similar experience?

I was the one who told you I had it, but I'm not sure where it started.
It might be a good idea for all of us to run a scan.  I've been seeing a
regular onslaught of viruses in the past week.

> Brad
>
> Also I kept getting a Postmaster bounce from an odd address w/ an
> attachment saying I sent an undeliverable email , however I deleted
> them all w/out opening them as I knew that I had sent no mail to that
> address. Is this a virus ploy?

Yes it is, but it's not part of the spread of the virus you and I were
wrestling with.  Basically, don't open any attachment that (a) you're
not expecting and/or (b) you don't know precisely what it is.