Re: headlamps

To: patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: headlamps
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 09:51:31 EST
In a message dated 1/19/01 6:58:03 AM Eastern Standard Time,
patricia.sauthoff@Colorado.EDU writes:

> There are some really bright lights that the LBCar Co. sells, and I
> think they have 'em for Bugeyes.  So my questions are what wattage (?)
> should
> my generator be putting out. (That may not be the correct term, please
> forgive
> me it's 5am and I'm sick.)  And do any of you daily drivers out there know
> of

I would replace them with standard halogen bulbs that are readily available
at all auto parts stores.  Just take in one of the old lamps and say, "Do you
have this in halogen?"  They will.

The other VERY IMPORTANT thing about dim lights is the ground.  Make sure the
ground is clean and tight.  It will make a difference.

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget
'92 Mitsubishi Expo LRV Sport