Re: Tranny oil

To: Steven Fooshee <sfooshee@home.com>
Subject: Re: Tranny oil
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 10:42:28 -0800
Cc: spridgets team <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Probably has additives that protect bronze bushings and handles extreme
pressure better
than regular 20W-50 Wt oil.  I was just reading on the British Sprite and
Midget Club web
site that the only thing you need for the smooth and ribcase gearbox is 20W-50
wt oil and
STP. At first I put Redline MT-90 in my just rebuilt smoothcae gearbox and
discovered the
first motion shaft making a noise like the bearings were not getting any oil.
We thought
it might be the pilot bushing at first, remember Frank?  I put the combo in
that I just
mentioned and it is very quiet now.  Besides, STP is cheap.
Mike MacLean-60 Sprite