Re: Fw: Fwd: Selling the Sprite...

To: "Peter C." <nosimport@mailbag.com>
Subject: Re: Fw: Fwd: Selling the Sprite...
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 20:29:02 -0500
Cc: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
"Peter C." wrote:

> At 05:14 PM 2/16/2001, Wm. Severin Thompson wrote:
> >The Spitfire was bought in Fox Lake, IL... I paid $400.
> >
> >Other highlights of ownership included...
>
> The doors didn't open when you rounded a corner? Ah, those Phlegmfires,
> love'em. My first use of a bungee cord.

Or the use of a tall milk crate.  Many years ago when working on my
VW Bug I had all the seats out of the car.  I had to be somewhere
so boy genius (that's me) decide to use a milk crate as a drivers
seat.  So I stood that milk crate on end and drove off.  About
2 miles from my house I encounter a problem with my "plan."  I got
to my first left turn.  I went around the turn at about 15 MPH and
the milk crate tipped over.  Now I am going around the corner with
one hand on the steering wheel and my face on the passenger floor.
I flopped around for a bit, got the crate out of the way and kneeled
so I could see out the front window.  This was worse, since now I
could see what was happening but if you are on your knees you
CANNOT work the pedals!  To avoid the traffic in front of me I had
to pop the car out of gear and drive over the curb and over the
speed limit sign, as if the laws applied to me.  I can you say
"Bill you should have pulled the E-Brake."  Think about it, if this
car had no seat, do you really think the E-Brake was working? Of
course not.  This was when I was much younger.

Bill "Stupidity hurts" Gilroy