Re: Air/Fuel Ratio

To: ptegler@gouldfo.com, millerls@ado13.com
Subject: Re: Air/Fuel Ratio
Date: Thu, 1 Mar 2001 17:37:56 EST
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Paul,

The jet calibration is apparently correct for the small chokes that are
fitted.  However,  I'd be more than inclined to believe that something is NOT
correct if a 1275 cc engine cannot run more than a 28mm choke on just about
any cam you can name let alone a mild cam.

The efficiency of any given choke size is linked to the air velocity that
passes through them.  However, if only a very small choke size is being used
in comparasion with what ought to be used then it is a fair conclusion that
something must not be right with the engine because it is not sucking enough
air through the chokes.  If it was sucking the sort of volume of air typical
for the engine it would of course cope with a bigger choke.

If you are not convinced check out the 'choke' size on a HS2 carb and tell me
how much bigger it is than 28mm.  And, yes I do realise that the SU car is a
variable venturi carb.

Daniel1312

In a message dated 01/03/01 13:17:22 Pacific Standard Time,